- To promote the educational welfare of students in our schools, thereby improving present and future society.
- To afford an opportunity for the development of fellowship, the recognition of common goals, the promotion of professional ethics and greater unity of action among teachers.
- To encourage active participation of all teachers in the solution of school problems.
- To promote and develop a high type of teacher morale and to encourage a strong esprit de corps.
- To support these organizations which are supporting, encouraging, and advancing our profession; to cooperate with and assist other community organizations in carrying out projects of an educational nature; to aid in interpreting to the public the problems, the functions, and the steady progress of the public schools.
- To promote high qualifications necessary to enter and to advance in the educational field and to urge every member of the profession to be a progressive student of education.
- To aid in securing and maintaining adequate salaries, tenure, sound retirement systems, and other improvements and advancements as will enable teachers to function properly in the educational progress.
TELL ME MORE...CLICK HERE!